However, all Orthodontists are dentists, only 6% of the dentists are licensed Orthodontists as per a survey of American Dental Association. Although some dentists may ocassionally place braces, only trained Orthodontist can diagnosis, prevent and treatment the dental and facial irregularities efficiently. The difference between normal dentists and Orthodontist is quite similar to that between a family doctor & an OB/GYN. Once one achieves university degree and earns speciality status, an Orthodontist focuses their attention exclusively for orthodontic problems excluding every other dental treatment like fillings, cleanings, crowns etc. which makes them distinguished in terms of problem solving capabilities for orthodontic issues.
As recommended by American Association of Orthodontics, all children should get a check-up with an Orthodontist before the age of 7.
- Orthodontists can spot the rising problems with jaw growth amd emerging teeth while baby teeth are still present.
- While your children's teeth may look straight, there are some problems only orthodontists can predict.
- Especially for children who are in their adolescense need monitoring by experienced Orthodontists as they can check-up & identify emerging dental problems, and then, if indicated, begin the treatment at appropriate time for their children.
- Early viagra a vendre canada treatment can prevent & intercept more serious problems from developing & may make treatment at a later age shorter and less complex. There are some cases when dentists can't restore the TMJ problems once the face and jaws have finished growing.
- Early treatment may give your orthodontist the chance to:
- Guide jaw growth
- Lower the risk of trauma to protruded front teeth
- Correct harmful oral habits
- Improve appearance
- Guide permanent teeth into a more favorable position
- Create a more pleasing arrangement of teeth, lips and face
- by providing an early Orthodontic evaluation, you will be giving your child a great opportunity to have a healthy, beautiful smile for lifetime.
If your child is older than 7, it's certainly not too late for a check-up.
As patients' physiological development and treatment needs differ from person to person, it is adviced to choose the license Orthodontist as they are able to provide the right treatment with right intensity at right time to the patient.
Problem to Watch for in Growing Children
Malocclusions ("bad bites"), may benefit from early diagnosis and referral to an orthodontic specialist for a full evaluation.
CROSSBITE OF FRONT TEETH
- Top teeth are behind bottom teeth
CROSSBITE OF BACK TEETH
- Top teeth are to the inside of bottom teeth
- Front teeth do not meet when back teeth are closed
- The lower teeth sit in front of upper teeth when back teeth are closed
- Sucking on thumb, fingers
In addition, if you notice any of the following in your child, check with your orthodontist:
- early or late loss of baby teeth
- difficulty in chewing or biting
- mouth breathing
- jaws that shift or make sounds
- speech difficulties
- biting the cheek or the roof of the mouth
- facial imbalance
- grinding or clenching of the teeth
As a caring parent, it is your responsibility to get a good Orthodontic treatment for your child. The decision should be made with Orthodontist, you & your child.